Adam Evans, Esq.
Adam Evans is an experienced litigator who focuses his practice on complex pharmaceutical and medical device litigation. Mr. Evans has represented and obtained recoveries on behalf of hundreds of injured clients, including those harmed by hernia mesh, transvaginal mesh, hormone-based contraceptive drugs, defective defibrillator lead wires, robotic surgery systems, and many others.
Mr. Evans serves as a member of the Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee in the Atrium Medical Corp. C-Qur Mesh Multidistrict Litigation and is actively litigating hernia mesh cases against multiple manufacturers. Mr. Evans is widely known as an authoritative voice in the legal community regarding the various hernia mesh products as well as the science and medicine underlying the cases. Mr. Evans has been invited to speak throughout the country to educate lawyers and medical professionals about various topics relating to hernia mesh science, medicine, and litigation. He is also the co-chair of the Hernia Mesh Litigation Group for the American Association for Justice.
Mr. Evans earned his Juris Doctorate from Rutgers University School of Law in 2008. During law school Mr. Evans volunteered his time to assist the indigent citizens of Camden, New Jersey by participating several Rutgers Law programs, including the pro bono Immigration and Bankruptcy Clinics as well as the Civil Practice Clinic. Mr. Evans currently volunteers time to the disadvantaged citizens of the Kansas City Metro area by participating in the Volunteer Attorney Project for Legal Aid of Western Missouri.
Mr. Evans is admitted to practice in the courts of Missouri, Kansas and New Jersey as well as multiple federal District Courts and the United States Supreme Court. Mr. Evans is a member of the American Association for Justice, Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys (MATA), and Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (KCMBA). Mr. Evans has been recognized as Top 40 Under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers and as a Super Lawyers Rising Star every year since 2014.
Areas of Practice
- Complex Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Litigation
- Consumer Class Action Litigation
- Rutgers University School of Law – Camden, New Jersey
- Juris Doctorate – 2008
- Honors: Rutgers Law Programs
- Honors: Pro Bono Immigration and Bankruptcy Clinics
- Honors: Civil Practice Clinic
- University of Missouri – Columbia
- Bachelor of Arts – English, 2003
- Bachelor of Arts – Philosophy, 2003
- New Jersey
- U.S. Federal Courts
- U.S. Supreme Court
Honors and Awards
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- Super Lawyers Rising Star: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Hernia Mesh Litigation Group, Co-Chair
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys (MATA), Member
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (KCMBA), Member
- In Re: Atrium Medical Corp. C-Qur Mesh Products Liability Litigation, Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee
- The Case Against Prophylactic Mesh, Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES) Annual Meeting, 2019
- Emerging Developments in Hernia Mesh Litigation, Mass Tort Nexus, November 2018
- Close Calls in Evaluation of Hernia Mesh Injuries, Mass Torts Made Perfect, August 2018
- Mechanisms of Injury in Composite Hernia Mesh Cases, Mass Torts Made Perfect, October 2017
- Volunteer Attorney Project, Legal Aid of Western Missouri