Maya G. Brenes Esq.
Maya G. Brenes is an experienced trial attorney who has spent the last decade litigating on behalf of consumers and employees to hold businesses accountable when they fail to comply with minimum community standards, be it employment rights or standards of care in personal injury cases. Ms. Brenes also holds a degree in Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management from one of the most prestigious engineering programs in the country, Stanford University. This background makes Ms. Brenes well situated to litigate complex medical device and pharmaceutical cases, which often turn on complex engineering principles.
Ms. Brenes has always had a strong passion for civil and consumer rights. While earning her Juris Doctorate at Loyola Law School, she served as a law clerk for the Honorable Teresa Sanchez-Gordon of the Superior Court of Los Angeles, where she evaluated civil claims for personal injury, malpractice, and employment rights. In law school, Ms. Brenes was a member of the Loyola of Los Angeles Entertainment Law Review, studied abroad at the Faculty of Law of the University of Bologna in Bologna, Italy where she took courses in international and comparative law, and served as President of a student organization dedicated to advancing the representation of minorities in the legal field. Further, during her time as a law student, Ms. Brenes coordinated the Young Lawyers Mentoring Program, which has been honored as the best law school public interest program in the United States.
She is a member of the Orange County Bar Association, the Orange County Hispanic Bar Association, and the Latina Lawyers Bar Association. Ms. Brenes is trained in conflict resolution under the California Dispute Resolution Programs Act.
Ms. Brenes is a Member of the California State Bar, the District of Columbia Bar, and is admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Central, Eastern and Northern Districts of California.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Complex Medical Device and Pharmaceutical Cases
- Civil Rights
- Consumer Rights
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- Juris Doctorate
- Honors: Coordinate, Young Lawyers Mentoring Program
- Universita di Bologna Facolta di Giurisprudenza, Bologna
- Major: International and Comparative Law
- Stanford University
- Major: Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Hispanic Bar Association, Member
- Latina Lawyers Bar Association, Member
- California State Bar, Member
- Honorable Teresa Sanchez-Gordon of the Superior Court of Los Angeles, Law Clerk