Verdicts And Settlements
Notable Recent Settlements And Verdicts
- Cook Inferior Vena Cava (IVC) Filter – Confidential Settlement. Cook Celect Filter perforated patient’s vena cava resulting in patient death.
- Bard Hernia Mesh – $400,000 settlement. Bard hernia mesh failed requiring corrective surgery and six-day hospitalization.
- Motor Vehicle Versus Pedestrian – $300,000 settlement. Defendant negligently drove over indigent plaintiff, who was sleeping on grass median in a parking lot, resulting in rib fractures and concussion.
- Bard Implanted Port and Catheter – Multiple Confidential Settlements. Patients received Bard implantable port and catheter for administration of medication. Catheter devices fractured and migrated to each patient’s heart.
- $7.2 million obtained from a medical device manufacturer.*
- $2.6 million obtained from a medical device manufacturer.*
- $1.1 million settlement won from a medical device manufacturer.*
- $300,000 recovered for a plaintiff injured by a defective hip replacement system.*
- $85,000 obtained on behalf of a car accident victim hospitalized for only one (1) day.*
- Confidential settlement obtained in a Hollywood contract dispute case.*
*Mr. Brenes helped obtain these recoveries as a member of a prior law firm.